Saturday 14 March 2020

Remember ~ a mixed media layout


Hi all!
You probably already know of my love for all things Vicki Boutin (and if you don't, you must have been hiding out somewhere), so today I am here to share another layout featuring some VB goodness. This layout was created after I played along with Vicki's Facebook Friday night live last week (which is Saturday morning for me here in Australia and usually means I am still sitting around in my PJS! haha) I actually did the background for this page in real time, creating along with Vicki. (If you would like to see her video you can watch it HERE)

So this is the background that I finished up with after the video...


To create it, I used a combination of Faber-Castell Gelatos (as I don't have any of Vicki's art crayons), Dina Wakley 'Night' acrylic paint (one of my fave colours!), a stencil from StencilGirl, and Vicki's brand new 'Prism' glaze. I love how it turned out! (I adore those hard water lines in watercolour work.) You can see in the photo that I had already stuck a VB sticker on there as well before I thought to take a background shot. 

And here is what I did with it...
(Click on photos for a better view)


You will see that I kept the remainder of my page relatively simple, so as not to cover up too much of that beautiful background. The photo I used is one of my boys in my sister's pool during the Christmas holidays - we were celebrating the fact that after working very hard at swimming lessons that he had finally reached the stage he was competent (and confident) enough to swim in the deep pool without his swim vest on. A great achievement!


After adding the sticker horizontally across my page, I added some layers behind my photo using papers from the 'Color Kaleidoscope' collection, a small paper doily and some frayed gauze. I also tucked in a tag from the coordinating ephemera pack that I tied with a small piece of twine and used to write my journalling on.


I used the large lightbulb die cut with so very brilliant printed on it as I thought it was the perfect piece to go with the theme of my page. To the right of my photo I added another die cut, this time a black and white floral piece, along the horizontal line I had already created with the sticker.


I then used the sticker as the anchor point for my title word, which was the word remember from the VB Puffy Thickers pack, and I also popped a small heart from the same pack onto my journal tag. Below my title I added the attitude is everything phrase sticker from the 'Color Kaleidoscope' sticker book. Then I finished off my page with a few hearts that were fussy cut from one of the papers.

This was a super simple page to throw together after all the background work was already done and I love how it turned out. I am so excited that I now have the new VB 'Let's Wander' collection in the house - I think that will be getting a run on my table VERY soon!

Until next time, happy scrapping! X 

1 comment:

tracey said...

Fabbo layout... love the colour combo it works beautifully with the photo... how cute is his mischievous grin xx