Saturday 28 March 2020

Forever Friends | Dust It Off challenge | March homemade kit


Hi friends! Today I am here to wrap up my March homemade kit series, sharing the last of my projects created using this kit. From the scraps that were left in my box, I managed to squeeze out one final layout and a card and I think I can now officially say this kit has been killed! 

Here is my final layout...
(Click on photos for a better view)


For this layout I decided to document a photo of my gorgeous girl and her best friend of many years that was taken the night of their primary school graduation. I had nothing left but scraps to work with, so I used a white cardstock base and added some paper layers from what I had left, including a piece of the Hambly Screenprints heart transparency. I also added in a paper doily from my stash.


Once I had the paper layers in place and added my photo on top, I turned my attention to the embellishments. I had a limited number of Pebbles 'Patio Party' die cuts and stickers left to use up, so I started with those. To the left of my photo I used the forever friends die cut piece, which also served as the title for my page and tucked in the cute floral beetle in behind it.


I created a second small cluster above my photo using a die cut and a sticker, plus I added a die cut butterfly nearby. One of the other items I had left in my kit was the tiny wood veneer hearts, so they all got added to my page as well.

To the right of my photo, I created my third small cluster (gotta have that visual triangle!) using some stickers, more wood veneer hearts and a Freckled Fawn arrow paperclip.


I finished off my page with splatters of 'Bahama Blue' Glimmermist and some stamping using one of the Dear Lizzy roller stamps.

Once my layout was complete I looked into my kit box to see what was left. I spotted one piece of coloured paper I thought might be big enough for a card front and had a few remaining stickers, so I thought to myself why not? and then put this card together...


I think I will keep this aside until I need it for a girl's birthday and then use Thickers to put the age number in the top left corner.

So my final tally from this kit was seven 12x12" layouts; one traveler's notebook spread; and three cards. I have quick flip through video so you can see them all together and so I can show you what I had left over.

You can watch it here:


I have so enjoyed the challenge of using my kit this month, and am looking forward to Khristina's new list for April. I hope some of you will join me!
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: