Thursday 19 March 2020

Yay | Redefined Kreative - monochromatic green challenge


Hi everyone!
Popping in today with a quick extra share for you. In honour of St Patrick's Day, the lovely Khristina from Redefined Kreative & The Secret Not Secret Kit Club, threw out a challenge to people to create a monochromatic green layout. I love a bit of green, and never one to back down from a challenge (especially when I am asked so nicely) I sat down and put together this page.

(Click on photos for a better view)


My watercolour background was created using Distress Oxides (Twisted Citron and Mowed Lawn); and then I stamped over the top using some Viva La VegaStamps.


In keeping with my recent mission to stash-bust, I used only old papers and embellishments on this page. My papers included Cocoa Vanilla Studio, Jillibean Soup, Kaisercraft and Echo Park. I also added some torn strips of green leaf washi tape and messy black cotton for contrast and texture. 


The embellishments included Jillibean Soup stickers; D-lish Scraps journal spots and flair button; a green Freckled Fawn wow paperclip; and some Thickers. 


This was a fun challenge to do (although had it not specifically been a monochromatic challenge my instinct would have been to add a secondary colour - I was itching to add some navy!) I managed to use several items I still had left in my March homemade kit, so that was an added bonus! (If you haven't already joined, make sure you pop over to the Rediscover Your Stash group on Facebook.)

Thanks for stopping by today. Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: