Tuesday 24 March 2020

Yum | Dust it Off Challenge | March Homemade Kit


Hi all!
I can hardly believe I am saying this, but I have another layout to share using my March homemade kit! This brings my total number of projects from this kit so far to six, which is more than I thought I would create when I began! If you have been thinking about putting a kit together from your stash, I have to say that based on my own experience, I would highly recommend doing it. (I used the March homemade kit recipe from Khristina Sorge - you can read all about it and find a printable version of it on her blog HERE)

For this page, I really wanted to try and use up some of the Pebbles food themed die cuts from the kit, so I printed out some photos of my boys having hot chips after a day at the beach from a few years ago.

Here's my layout...
(Click on photos for a better view)


I decided to make an effort to use the Gelato set I had included in the kit, so I began with white cardstock. This time, I wanted to use all 4 of the colours so I grabbed the small floral stencil from the kit and I used a stencil brush to add some flowers to the background so it looked like this...


With the flowers done, I turned my attention to all the paper pieces I had left in the box. I grabbed an assortment of smaller sized scraps and starting layering them randomly across my page (trying not to cover up too much of the stencilling I had just done). 


Amongst my layers I also added half of a paper doily; a couple of transparency scraps;  and some paper lace strips that I punched from scraps with the Martha Stewart punch I included in the kit. One of the other items I had in my kit was clips, so I pulled a couple of brightly coloured arrow ones out and slipped them onto the edges of my photos before sticking my photos down.


Next it was time to go a little embellishments crazy! As I mentioned earlier, my goal was to use up some of the Pebbles food themed die cuts, so I began by tucking several of them into the paper layers and around my photos. 
I also grabbed the roll of leaf print washi tape that had made it into the kit and added several pieces around the page. 


Next on my hit list was the Prima chipboard, as I had hardly used any of the pieces from the kit so far. (And frankly, due to the "cutesy" nature of them, I don't think I will be using many more, so it will be off to school with them at the end of the month.) I did manage to use one though, a floral piece featuring the word hello that I slipped in under the left edge of my main photo.


Looking into my kit, it was clear there was something else that I had clearly been ignoring - flowers. I had a small assortment of paper and resin flowers, as well as a couple of fabric daisies that had come from the D-lish Scraps 'Just Add Paper Kit'. So I pulled them out and started sticking them down.

I thought the page needed a bit more vertical flow, so I created two small clusters at the top and bottom of the page using some scraps of paper and some of the flowers.


To finish off my page I dug through the kit to find a few more items. I used the Martha Stewart butterfly punch to punch out three different paper butterflies; added the date with a small journal tag, and splattered some of the 'Bahama Blue' Glimmermist around. I used the small lime Thickers to add the title and then pulled a different roller stamp from my stash to stamp the sweet life around my page. 

And with that I was done! It turned out to be a very busy page full of colours, layers, and fun elements; but most importantly, I used up a heap of stuff AND documented a memory so that made it a winner for me!

Thanks for stopping by today, until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: