Wednesday 18 March 2020

Epic | Cocoa Vanilla Studio


Hi everyone!
Today to I am here share my latest design team project with you, and my very first using the brand new 'Legendary' collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio. It's no secret that I love creating boy pages, so to finally have this amazing collection in my hands was very exciting. This range is fabulous for scrapping boys of all ages, so to prove it I thought I would kick off with a layout I created of my hubby (who really is just an overgrown boy! hehe)


I knew immediately which photo I wanted to use - an awesome shot of my husband hanging off the side of a mountain that was taken by his best mate when they were climbing one day. 
So I started my page with the gorgeous wood grain on the reverse side of the Outdoors Type paper, to tie in with the colour of the rock face. I then added a vertical strip of the mixed media style Offbeat paper; and a strip of the Explorer paper alongside it. (This provided me with a strong vertical base on which to mount my portrait oriented photo.)

  
I then began building a diagonal line of embellishments that would provide flow and help draw the viewer's eye through the photo. Starting in the top left corner, I added a large star from the Die Cut Ephemera pack, which I topped with the die cut compass using foam tape. I also added a small star sticker from the Clear Sticker pack and a sprinkling of Enamel Dots.


I continued the diagonal line of embellishments to the right of my photo using a couple more die cut stars from the ephemera pack and a journal spot from the cut apart Epic Tales paper. 

I added a large cluster of items under and around the bottom right corner of my photo, using the mountain scene and the woodgrain explore label (both from the cut apart paper) and the extreme label from the ephemera pack. I topped these pieces with the let's go Flair Button; added the adventurous spirit phrase sticker from the Accessory Sticker sheet; and another die cut star and more enamel dots.


Next, I created a vertical title to run down the left side of my photo, by fussy cutting the word EPIC from the cut apart paper; and adding an arrow from the ephemera pack amongst the middle of the letters. (I popped all of these elements up slightly from the page using foam tape to provide extra dimension.)


To finish off, I added some tiny splatters of black and white ink and I was done! I am super happy with how this layout turned out (and had so much fun I had to create another page with the range immediately, but you will have to wait for that one, sorry!)

If you aren't already a member, make sure you pop over and join the Cocoa Vanilla Facebook Community Group. Here you will find all the members of our design team, as well as lots of other like-minded scrappers, who share plenty of extra inspiration.
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: