Sunday 22 March 2020

Holiday Hair | Dust It Off challenge | March Homemade Kit


Hi friends! 
Can you guess what I have to share today? That's right! It's yet another layout using my March homemade kit. (This is number five!) For this page, I decided to document some photos of my daughter and her purple "holiday hair" as I knew I still had some purple paper left in the kit. I also wanted to use up the remaining pieces of the round die cut specialty paper I had cut into for my previous layout. 

Here's what I came up with...
(Click on photos for a better view)


I began my layout with a sheet of white cardstock and the purple and pink Gelatos from my kit. Rather than going with a wet method, I decided to use a dry application instead so I used them to add some abstract scribbles around the page, which I then blended out quickly using a baby wipe - so easy! 


Then I started on my paper layers - grabbing the large piece of the die cut paper first to use as my anchor point. Next, I added pieces of purple and pink paper running vertically, with a piece of the arrow print paper horizontally over the top. I then tucked a small piece of pink brocade print Hambly Screenprints transparency in under each end; and a small yellow paper doily in amongst the top layers.


Next, I mounted my three photos on top of the arrow paper, adding a white mat and some scrap cardboard under the centre one to help it stand out. At this point my I decided my colour palette needed a bit of a lift, so I threw in some pops of yellow. I used the Martha Stewart border lace punch from my kit to punch a strip of paper lace. I cut it into two pieces, tucking one to the right of my photos and one below. 

Now it was time for some embellishments!


I dug into the Jen Hadfield 'Patio Party' die cuts and stickers again, and began by creating a layered cluster above my photos. At this point I wasn't too fussy what the actual motifs were - as long as the colours worked, I was determined to use them up!


To the right of my photo I created another cluster comprised of die cuts and stickers. This time, I also added a small yellow ribbon bow that came from the D-lish Scraps goodies in my kit. I also added a purple arrow paperclip from the kit onto the edge of my photo mat.


I added a second arrow clip below my photo, plus a few more stickers and die cuts. I stuck the gold puffy hello sticker along the bottom edge of my main photo, then used fabric Thickers for my Holiday Hair title. (I had to alter a couple of letters to get exactly what I needed.)

And voila! That was another page from my kit complete. I still have enough left in my kit to get a project or two more done, so I will be sure to share whatever I create.
(I might even do a quick video when I am done to show all my layouts and show what I have left from the kit.)
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: