Tuesday 10 March 2020

Little Moments | Dust it Off challenge | March Homemade Kit


Hi everyone! Can you believe I am back with yet another layout for my "Dust It Off" challenge series? This is the second page I have created using my March homemade kit (if you missed my previous post with the details of my kit you can find it HERE) For this one I decided to go with a layout that used more paper, rather than a mixed media based page, as I had so many pretty papers to use up in my kit.

Here's what I came up with...
(Click on photos for a better view)


I began with the gorgeous colour gradient paper from the Glitz Designs 'Wild and Free' collection (which was released back in 2013!) as my page background. (The kit recipe specified an ombre paper, which technically this isn't, but I thought it was close enough.)

I then gathered together a variety of paper pieces (some were left-overs already cut from my previous layout with the kit) and layered them up to make a colourful mat for my photo. I then used a stapler to hold them all together before attaching the stack to my page.  


On top of the stack I added a pink paper doily from my stash; a scrap of heart print acetate; and a couple of paper lace strips that I punched with one of the Martha Stewart punches I pulled out to use in this kit. I also added some messy black cotton for texture, and to help tie in the black and white photo.


Before attaching my photo, I decided to use the super cute cloud paperclip as the basis for a small embellishment cluster on the corner of the photo. I paired the clip with a couple of pieces from the Pebbles die cut pack, including the enjoy the little things quote I took for my page title. 


At this point I was looking to see what else I could include from my kit and I found a small piece of a floral Hambly Screenprints transparency. (This was my fave acetate sheet EVER!) It was time for the last scrap to go, so I cut it into two pieces and tucked it amongst the layers at the top and bottom of my stack. 


To balance the cluster I had created on the top left corner of my photo, I created a second cluster on the bottom right corner using some of the same die cuts and one of the Prima chipboard pieces. I also added the Jillibean Soup everyday sticker on top of my paper layers beneath the photo. 


To finish off, I grabbed the two Dear Lizzy roller stamps I had chosen for my kit to add some stamped phrases; and then used the 'Black Cherry' Glimmermist from my kit to add some small splatters. This was such a fun page to put together, and I love that I was able to breathe new life into all those old products from my stash! 

For everyone that has been asking me about process videos, I promise it IS on my radar. (I actually set up to film one, but I later discovered my camera had decided to turn itself off 4 minutes in - bloody technology!) So stay tuned. 
That's it from me today. Until next time, happy scrapping! X

1 comment:

Julene Matthews said...

You might be interested in looking at Counterfeit kit challenge where we do exactly what you've done every month. https://counterfeitkitchallenge.blogspot.com/
Your layouts are gorgeous.