Wednesday 4 March 2020

No! | Dust It Off challenge


Hi everyone!
I've got a special layout for my "Dust It Off" challenge to share with you today. You may have seen via my Facebook page that I recently had a long weekend away with some of my fave scrappy friends? This is an annual weekend that we do together that I look forward to all year. It's so relaxing - nothing to do but eat, drink, chat and scrap allllll weekend. 

And here they are! Aren't we a gorgeous bunch?
(And yes, those sunglasses were hiding some very tired eyes!)


So, back to my challenge. Whilst I was away I had taken some of my older stash to create a stash-busting layout or two. Someone - who shall remain unnamed (Amanda Hartmann! haha) spotted a large green pickup truck on an Echo Park sticker sheet amongst my stash. The truck sticker became a bit of a running joke and it was suggested I use it on a page. Never let it be said that I am one to back down from a challenge - I came home and used that damn sticker!

I present to you the resulting page featuring "big green truck" as it became affectionately known...
(Click on photos for better view)


To create this page, I started with some mixed media on white cardstock. I used 'Barn Door' Distress Oxide to make a watercolour style background, which I topped with splatters of Bee Arty 'Grass' and 'Lime' Colour Artist Inks. I also added the stamped crosses using one of my fave stamps from Viva Las VegaStamps


Next, I moved onto dusting off some stash! I chose papers from the Glitz Design 'Finnley' collection (which was released in around 2013!), as they featured the colour palette I was going for. I cut an assortment of pieces, which I stacked on my page, topped with a paper doily, and then stapled it all down. 

Next, I grabbed for some washi tape to add some extra layers (this was the same tape I used on my previous challenge layout, which featured a few different tapes - you can see it HERE). I also added some messy black cotton thread before adding my photo on top of the stack. 


Now it was time for the main event! I added some scrap cardboard to the back of the truck sticker (because I wanted to make sure it was a reeeeally prominent feature on my page) before adhering it below my photo. I added extra details to it by layering a couple more stickers and a tiny black acrylic arrow from Corbett Creations


Then I went a little embellishment crazy - adding lots of stickers from the Echo Park and Glitz Design sticker sheets; enamel dots from Uniquely Creative; two acrylic chevrons from Corbett Creations; a MAMBI sticker; a paper clip; half a Heidi Swapp die cut; and some D-lish Scraps coloured wire. (Almost all of which had been in my stash for several years or more.)


I finished off by stamping the you've got to be shitting me phrase using a roller stamp from Typo; more Glitz Design stickers for my title; and added my handwritten journalling - which tied in the reason for including the truck sticker on this page. 

So there you have it - big green truck sticker challenge complete (thanks Amanda!) I also managed to dust off a number of items from my stash - the oldest dating back almost 7 years. If you've got a suggestion of an item you'd like to see me use please let me know. You can comment here, on my Facebook page, or via my Instagram account. (And if you would like to play along too, I am using the hashtag #dustitoffchallenge on Instagram.)
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: