Monday 2 March 2020

Lovely | The Crafty Chain & Cocoa Vanilla Studio


Hi everyone! It's time for another catch-up layout from me. This one was shared on the Cocoa Vanilla Studio blog a little while ago, but it was actually layout that I designed for a class I taught at The Crafty Chain in Brisbane back in December. I encouraged everyone to put their own spin on it, and it was so fun seeing all the different versions of my design. I used the gorgeous 'Unforgettable' collection and a photo of some of the Cocoa Vanilla team. 


I used white cardstock as the base for this layout, then layered assorted size pieces of the Pretty Bits and Natural Beauty papers horizontally over the top. I love using these cut apart papers, as they are an easy and cost-effective way of adding a variety of patterns to the page. Some of the pieces were also distressed to add texture and dimension to the page.


Once all the background strips were in place I cut a large circle from the Lacewing paper, topping it with another piece from the Pretty Bits paper, before adding my photo on top. (This snapshot was actually taken at the Cocoa Vanilla retreat and features Zoe, myself and some of the other Aussie girls from the team – it’s so awesome to be able to be all together in person like this.) I used some scrap cardboard between the layers to add dimension, and also some messy cotton for texture.


To embellish my page I used a variety of pieces from the Die Cut Ephemera pack, sticking with the neutral and warm tones of my chosen palette. (This also meant there were plenty of bits left over in the pack for participants to use in another project – it’s always nice to be able to take home extras from a class kit, don’t you think?)

For my page title, I used the word lovely from the ‘Bohemian Dream’ Chipboard Titles. Again, using only one word from the pack meant everyone had extras to take home – yay! I decided to leave the title plain white so it matched with my background, but I did encourage everyone in class to alter them if they wanted to, so some people chose to ink / stamp / paint theirs to suit their page.


To finish off, I added my handwritten journalling and then splattered a few coloured inks around the page – because I always love a little bit of mess! (Sorry for your table and window after everyone had finished this step Alison and Shelley!)

If you love this layout as much as I do stay tuned - hopefully it will be released as a page kit via the Cocoa Vanilla store soon. Thanks so much for stopping by today. Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: