Friday 20 March 2020

Family Fun | Dust It Off challenge | March Homemade Kit


Hi friends!
I don't know if you are getting sick of me yet, but I have really been on a creative roll lately so the shares just keep on coming! Today I have another layout to share that I created using my March homemade kit. This is the fourth page I have created with this kit and if you are a fan of clean and simple, then this won't be the one for you! I find as I dig deeper and deeper into this kit, I am more determined to make as much use of the items in it as I possibly can, so this one is quite the "layering extravaganza". 

Here's a look at my page...
(Click on photos for a better view)


As you can see, it's a riot of colours, patterns and layers - and was a lot of fun to put together! And great news for everyone who has been asking me about process videos too - I actually made one for this page so you can see exactly how I created it (and listen to me babble on too).

Here's a link to my process video:



I would love for you to take the time to pop over and watch my video, and I welcome any constructive feedback or comments you might have. (Because I am certainly no expert when it comes to process videos.) If you could give me thumbs up and / or subscribe to my channel so I know you have been there, that would be greatly appreciated too!

And if you aren't a fan of watching process videos, never fear - I have some close up images of my layout to share with you here and I will add a few brief details too.


My background was created using a combination of Glimmermists, Gelato and a stencil. I used a combination of papers from Studio Calico, My Little Shoebox, Kaisercraft, and Hambly Screenprints  (including specialty papers - the March product focus for the Rediscover Your Stash Facebook group).


I used lots of items from the D-lish Scraps 'Just Add Paper' kit I had included in my kit including the small floral stencil;  journalling pieces; a doily; wood veneer; flair button; and ribbon bow.


Other embellishments included Pebbles 'Patio Party' by Jen Hadfield die cuts and stickers; large paperclip; and a punched butterfly using my Marta Stewart punch.


For my title I used a combination of a Jillibean Soup word sticker and some Thickers; and a Dear Lizzy roller stamp for the phrases around my page.
So there you have it - a very busy layout indeed!

That's all from me today. Don't forget to let me know your thoughts about my video or if you have a suggestion for something you would like to see me use for my Dust It Off challenge - I love to hear from you.
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: