Wednesday 17 June 2020

Lucky You | Dust It Off Challenge | May Homemade Kit


Hi everyone! Today I am back to share another layout using my May homemade kit, and yes, it's another birthday layout! My wonderful hubby recently celebrated his birthday (just a quiet one at home), so I took the opportunity to snap a couple of photos of him with the kids when he sat down to open his presents.  

Here is my layout, "Lucky You"...
(Click on photos for a better view)


Besides creating a birthday page (so I could tap into some of the celebration themed embellishments in the kit), the only other idea I started this layout with was to use one of the sheets of Kraft cardstock I had included. (Yes, Tam Buckler - I used the Kraft!) I figured the best way to tackle the Kraft cardstock was by using the acrylic paints that were also in my kit. 


I used a spatula to smear some white, aqua and metallic gold paints randomly around my page, leaving some parts a little "chunky" for added texture, and then left my page to dry overnight. 
Once dry, I added some stencilled detail to the background using the Crazy Quilts Calm & Frenzy stencil from StencilGirl that I had included in my kit. I used a sponge dauber and some grey ink to add subtle depth, then I also added a little bit of stamping using black ink and my fave Doodle Dots stamp from Viva Las VegaStamps


I then began creating some papery layers, starting with a printed paper bag from my stash (it wasn't included in the kit but sometimes you have to take a little creative license, right?) It featured a gorgeous triangular pattern in shades of blue and I decided I had hoarded it for way too long! In addition to the paper bag, I decided to use tags instead of patterned paper on this page as this was also one of the items in the kit. I used a large foiled Kraft tag from Heidi Swapp, as well as some smaller printed tags from Rosie's Studio and Pretty Little Studio and tied the tops of each one using different coloured twines. 


To draw in some more gold onto the page and add extra interest to my layers under my photos, I also added a gold foiled chipboard frame from Crate Paper. Then, once my photos were in place it was simply a matter of adding my embellishments.
From the Crate Paper 'Confetti' chipboard sheet I used the large aqua balloon and the gold bow. From the Vicki Boutin 'Color Kaleidoscope' Thickers, I used the small memories tab, the circular arrow piece, the you are loved label, and the super cute teal bunting (which I cut into two pieces and placed either side of my bottom photo).


I also used a D-lish Scraps flair button; phrase stickers from a Simple Stories Carpe Diem sticker pack; a puffy heart sticker; and then finished off with the fabulous Studio Calico gold chipboard asterisks that I scattered around the page. Some quick handwritten journalling details and a stamped date and I was done!
So what do you think? Did I do the Kraft cardstock justice? 

Thanks so much for stopping by today so I could share this with you. Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: