Wednesday 3 June 2020

Darling | Dust it Off Challenge | May Homemade Kit



Hi everyone!
I've got another layout using my May homemade kit to share with you today. For this layout I decided to scrap another photo from a recent series I took of my daughter dressed in one of her Cosplay outfits. (I have no idea where she gets her love of dressing up from?! hehe)

Here's a look at my layout...
(Click on photos for a better view)


This page was a little different to my usual style, in that I opted for more dusty, muted tones to work with the vibe of the photo. I began with white cardstock, adding a little bit of pale pink / coral mist by spraying it onto my messy mat and then laying the cardstock over the top to pick up the colour. 


I then went to work on the papers. I chose the peach patterned paper from Crate Paper as the anchor for my design - cutting a piece to run vertically down my page and then layering it with a couple of other papers and a paper doily before adding my photo on top. I then fussy cut the large floral piece from a Heidi Swapp paper (from the 'Wanderlust' collection) and tucked it in under the left edge of photo as a feature.


With all the main components in place, it was then time to add the embellishments. I used a few die cuts from a pack I got from the Reject Shop (a discount store here in Australia, in case any of my international friends were wondering). 


I mixed these with some Heidi Swapp printed acetate hearts, and a Crate Paper vellum heart. The large acetate title that I ran along the bottom edge of my photo was from the Crate Paper 'Confetti' ephemera pack.


I finished off my layout with some tiny splatters of black ink.
And there you have it - two layouts down from my homemade kit and a number of items used that would have otherwise still been collecting dust in my stash. Winning!
Until next time, happy scrapping. X


No comments: