Saturday 13 June 2020

Hooray | Dust it Off challenge | May Homemade Kit



Hi friends! I am back again today with another layout using my May homemade kit. (Yes, I know it's June but May totally got away from me with the kids at home, and I am determined to use this kit I put together!) For this layout I decided to focus on the 12x12" chipboard sheet I had added into my kit, which was from the 'Confetti' collection by Crate Paper and scrap a birthday themed page. As my daughter recently celebrated her 12th birthday, I had some fresh photos and thought I would document a couple of her with her birthday cake. 


One of the other items in the kit was acrylic paints, so I thought I would put them to work and create a quick background with them. Using a sheet of white cardstock and my brayer, I simply rolled on some paint working from top to bottom and allowing the paint to fade away naturally towards the bottom of the page. The colours I used were a Mont Marte Dimensional paint in 'Naples Yellow' (these are beautiful full bodied paints); and 'Aquamarine Dream' Flutter Colour paint mixed with some Naples Yellow to get that gorgeous sage green. I then allowed my paint to dry naturally whilst I started working on my layers. 


I gathered together a variety of Crate Paper patterned paper scraps from my kit and layered them up with a small paper doily to form the matt for my photos. I also added a little frayed gauze on top then stapled the whole stack to my page. 


To embellish my layout I used some stickers from a small Webster's Pages sticker sheet that had a celebration theme, which I tucked into my layers above my photos. I also used a few pieces from the Crate Paper 'Confetti' chipboard sheet, including the candles, small heart, and the numbers for my daughter's age.


To the left of my photos I used a handmade chevron embellishment from Charms Creations, which I topped with the big smile phrase from the chipboard sheet. To the cluster on the right side I also added a flair button from Cocoa Vanilla Studio and a printed acetate heart from Heidi Swapp.


To finish off my page I used the vellum hooray title from the 'Confetti' ephemera pack; a couple of die cut butterflies from my Reject Shop ephemera pack; a fussy cut butterfly; and some small Carpe Diem tiny phrase stickers. I then stamped the date and a few tiny black ink splatters.

I love how this birthday themed layout came together and the fact I got to use up some things that I have been hoarding for FAR too long! 
Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: