Thursday 11 June 2020

You Are My Sun | Cocoa Vanilla Studio



Hi everyone! Today I am sharing a mixed media layout I created recently for Cocoa Vanilla Studio using the 'Legendary' collection. I had these two cute photos of my equally cute boys dressed and ready for their end of year party day at school. 

Here is my layout "You Are My Sun"...
(Click on photos for a better view)


I began my page using a sheet of white cardstock and some 'Mowed Lawn' Distress Oxide. I used my go-to method of applying the ink to my messy mat, adding a little water, and then laying the cardstock over the top to absorb the ink. I then allowed it to dry before I repeated the process with some blue ink, then added some stamping with black ink using a stamp from Viva Las VegaStamps that featured tiny stars.

Once the inks were dry, I added a small tear along the top edge of the cardstock, then folded the edges of the tear back and fastened with tiny staples. I then backed the tear using some of the green print from the cut apart Total Legend paper. To balance it out, I then added a torn piece of the green striped print from the Explorer paper, adding a little torn marble print washi tape from my stash over the top.


 I then turned my attention to the main focal area of my page, adding pieces of layered papers to create a photo mat. The papers I used included the blue star print from the Offbeat paper; more of the green stripe; the bold orange from the One Way paper; and the multi coloured stars of the All Star paper. I also added some more of the torn washi tape, frayed gauze, and a charcoal coloured paper doily from my stash.


After fastening all my layers in place and then adding my photos on top, it was time to get busy embellishing! The first piece I added was my title piece, which I fussy cut from the Epic Tales cut apart paper. I don’t tend to add my titles before other embellishments, but because this was a large piece and it had to be placed to the left of my photos (to hide the straight edge along the right side of it), I needed to place it first.


Now it was time to add “the sprinkles” – because that’s what embellishments are, right?! The sweet little morsels we add to finish things off. First and foremost, my layout needed STARS! (What else was I going to use with a title like that?) I fussy cut a handful of various sized stars from the All Star paper and scattered them around my page, bending the points up for extra dimension.


To balance my title, I needed a cluster to the right of my photos so I added a moon, the incredible label and an arrow from the Die Cut Ephemera pack (using foam tape to pop them up a little from the background). Above my photos I added a little star banner (also from the ephemera pack) and the little hey there phrase from the Accessory Sticker sheet. I then finished off my page with a splattering of navy mist.

Thanks so much for stopping by today so I could share this with you, I hope you are feeling inspired to pull out your supplies and get creative to. Until next time, happy scrapping! X

1 comment:

Lyne Blodgett said...

What a great boy layout Sue - such attention to all the little details.