Friday 4 March 2022

Minecraft Lego | January 2022 Hip Kit

 


Hi everyone! So excited to be sharing another new layout with you today, and this one is using the January 2022 Hip Kit. This kit features a Hip Kit Club exclusive collection called 'Kaleidoscope' and it is really pretty! (If you want to see exactly what is in the kit, you can watch my unboxing video HERE)

Here is my layout...


For this page, I was documenting some photos of one of my boys with his Minecraft Lego. He was so excited to get this as it combines two of his favourite things. One of his other favourite things at the moment is the colour pink, so I wanted to make sure I got plenty of pink on this page for him. 


My mixed media background was created using acrylic paint applied with a brayer over plain white cardstock. The white dots are splatters of Dylusions ink spray.
I challenged myself to use only one patterned paper from the kit and chose this one with a bold striped pattern. I fussy cut part of the pattern and that formed the base for the design of this page.


I used a mix of the exclusive Hip Kit 'Kaleidoscope' embellishments from the kit including faux wood veneer chipboard stickers; die cut ephemera and chipboard stickers. I also added a few items from my stash, as I had gathered together a selection of coordinating pieces prior to starting my page. These included a Charms Creations arrow, paint sample card and enamel dots, amongst others.


I love mixed font titles, so I chose some small Pinkfresh Studio alpha stickers to mix with the larger puffy geo print alphas from the kit.


If you would like to watch me create this layout and hear me talk more about it, you can watch my process video below:


That's all from me today, thanks for stopping by. Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: