Thursday 10 March 2022

Good Things Ahead | January 2022 Hip Kit

 


Hi everyone! So excited to be sharing another new layout with you today using the January 2022 Hip Kit. This kit features a pretty Hip Kit Club exclusive collection called 'Kaleidoscope' and I have loved working with it so far. (And yes, I am a subscriber and I buy my kits.)

Today's layout was created for the Hip Kit Club weekly challenge which is hosted each week in the Hip Kit Club group on Facebook. You don't need to be a subscriber to join the group, nor do you need to use one of their kits to enter the challenge. This week the challenge is a sketch that looks like this...


And this is my take on it...


I couldn't resist scrapping these recent photos of my daughter. I don't seem to get many of her these days, so I grab them whenever I can. I printed them in black and white as it gave me the freedom to use anything from the kit without any colours clashing. 


I used a mix of three different Distress Oxides to add subtle blended colour to my cardstock, then I stamped over the top with a fourth colour.
I used a mix of papers to add torn pieces along the top and bottom edges of my layout, then another piece from the same paper to define the focal area of my page. I also cut some tags from patterned  paper that were tucked into my layers under the photos.


I used a variety of pieces from the ephemera pack and the chipboard stickers to embellish my page. I also mixed in a number of items from my stash including a Charms Creations handmade heart, a small resin heart / rainbow; a flair from Cocoa Vanilla Studio; and some really pretty washi tape. 


I actually impressed myself with how accurately I was able to represent the sketch. (Usually when I do sketch challenges they end up looking nothing like the sketch!)


If you love this layout and would like to see how it came together (or even if you are just curious about how I did it), then make sure you watch my process video:


If you like what you see over on my YouTube channel, I would appreciate it if you gave my video a thumbs up and subscribed to my channel. 
Hopefully I'll be back soon with another project to share. Until then, happy scrapping! X

No comments: