Monday 7 March 2022

So Epic | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

 

Hi everyone,

Today I am popping in to share my latest design team layout for Cocoa Vanilla Studio which was inspired by this month's mood board challenge. The mood board is called "Explore and Discover" and it looks like this...


My initial inspiration came from the painted image in the top left, which made me decide to create a mixed media layout. And of course I chose to use the new 'No Limits' collection, because it is freakin' amazing!


I chose to mainly focus on the yellow, blue and black tones from the mood board for my layout. I used a bright yellow Distress Oxide for my painted background to tie in with the photos of my son and his cube that I was documenting. I also added navy blue stencilling, black stamping and some torn washi tape too.


I added layers of patterned paper behind my photos, as well as a yellow paper doily and some frayed gauze.


I used a mix of Die Cut Ephemera and Accessory Stickers as the basis of my embellishment clusters. I also used a mix of stars that were fussy cut from the Nebula paper. These pieces all tied in with the stars from the mood board. I added foam tape under some of the pieces for dimension.


I used words from the Die Cut Titles pack for my page title. These were also raised up from the background using foam tape.


I added three small buttons from the Wood Buttons pack and then scattered some of the amazing (my fave!) Puffy Stickers around the page to finish off.

If you would like to see how this layout came together, or want more details, you can watch my process video below:


That's all from me today, I hope I have inspired you to play along with this month's Cocoa Vanilla Studio challenge. There is a $25 store voucher up for grabs for one randomly chosen winner, and you can enter via the Cocoa Vanilla Studio Community group HERE

Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: