Monday 31 May 2021

Just Breathe | Kitaholic Kits May 2021


Hi everyone, 
Today I am sharing my fourth and final project created with the Kitaholic Kits May kit, and it is also my final project as a member of the design team. For this layout I wanted to focus on the Heidi Swapp goodies and play on the earthy tones of the kit, so I decided to document a photo I took at the Grand Canyon a couple of years ago. 


I started my page with a sheet of patterned paper from the Heidi Swapp 'Carefree' collection, which featured a soft, sketchy floral print. I wanted to add some extra warmth to the background, and also tone down the print in the centre of my page, so I applied some yellow and white acrylic paints using my brayer. 


For my papery layers under my photo, I also used pieces of the Heidi Swapp 'Carefree' papers, as well as one of the white paper doilies from the kit. I also added some frayed gauze for texture, then popped my photo up on some cardboard to help separate it from the background. I added a phrase sticker along the bottom edge of my photo, which is something I often do. 


I used papers from the kit to trace and cut my own tags, which I tied off with bakers twine and tucked into the layers behind my photo. My journal card came from the 'Carefree' ephemera pack and I tucked that into my layers as well. I added the wander far & wide vellum piece to my journal tag using a Kmart tape runner (which is my preferred adhesive for vellum pieces as it's virtually invisible). 


 To the right of my photo I created a cluster using more of the ephemera pieces and a wood veneer heart from a previous kit. Below my photo was where my title was placed and I used a combination of one of the die cut words from the ephemera pack as well as some of the raw chipboard Thickers from the kit. 


I finished off my page with some of the Bo Bunny enamel dots, a few stamped butterflies using the Pink Paislee stamp set, and a little bit of inky splatter.

If you would like to watch how I put this page together, you can watch my process video here:


I have really enjoyed the challenge of working with these kits, and am happy with the projects I made with them. I have no idea what is in store for me next on the creative front, but I'll be sure to keep you posted here.

Thanks for stopping by today, I'll see you again soon. Until then, happy scrapping! X

No comments: