Wednesday 26 May 2021

Memories | InterNational Scrapbook Day Live Scrap for Cocoa Vanilla Studio

 


Hi everyone! Today I am popping in to share a recent layout from the Cocoa Vanilla Studio InterNational Scrapbook Day (INSD) celebration. This layout was actually created during a live scrap that I hosted in the Cocoa Vanilla Studio Community group as I tackled Melissa Vining's mixed media challenge. Prior to starting, we ran a poll for members to choose what collection I used for my layout and the 'Sunkissed' collection was the winner. I decided to document a sweet photo of my mum and my boys together from a few years ago.

This was the criteria I was working with...


And this is the layout that I created...

I started with a bit of mixed media on a sheet of cardstock for my background. I used Kitsch Flamingo Distress Oxide, which I mixed with water and brushed onto my page. I then added some Naples Yellow acrylic paint using a brayer over the top. I also added some subtle stamping using a ledger style stamp from Viva LasVegaStamps and my Kitsch Flamingo Distress Oxide again.


I used a mix of both 12x12" and A5 patterned papers to create some layers in the focal area of my page. As I have been often lately, I used tearing and distressing as a way of adding extra texture to the page. Amongst my layers I tucked a pink polka dot doily from my stash, and I also added frayed gauze before sticking my photo on top.


When it came to embellishing my layout, I used the coordinating embellishments from the collection. I started with a couple of elements from the cut apart paper, as well as pieces from the Die Cut Ephemera and Floral Ephemera packs. 

I also used Clear Stickers, Puffy Stickers, Wood Buttons and Accessory Stickers. My title was one of the beautiful Glitter Foam Title Stickers. (Which I love even more than I thought I would because they don't shed glitter all over my desk!)


I finished off my page with a little journalling and splatters of black Liquitex acrylic ink.
This layout turned out colourful, fun and pretty busy - perfect as a tribute for my mum as I know she would have loved all the little bits and pieces. 

If you have some time on your hands and want to watch a full length replay of this page coming together, I have just loaded it to YouTube. (Warning - it contains lots of my waffle, a couple of small swear words, a reference to herpes, and probably a few other questionable moments. Sorry if any of that offends you, but that is the unedited me.)


Thanks for stopping by today. Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: