Thursday 3 June 2021

Trouble in the Neighbourhood | Favourite Escape YouTube hop

 

Hi everyone, today I am sharing a layout I created for the "Favourite Escape" YouTube hop that I am currently taking part in alongside a bunch of talented creators. The theme of favourite escape could be interpreted any way we wanted, so I chose to document one of my very favourite escapes - scrap retreat! These photos were from my retreat on the Sunshine Coast back in November 2018, but really they are representative of any and all the retreats I've been on. So. Much. Fun.


I decided to use the 'Let's Wander' collection from Vicki Boutin as the basis for my page. (I have so much of it hoarded and I really need to let go and start getting stuck into it!) The travel theme and colours of this range were perfect for these photos that were taken on our dress up night (our theme was "Trouble in Paradise").


I decided to use patterned paper for my background, choosing the black paper with the white script words say cheese. (I thought this paper was appropriate give that these photos were taken in our photo booth corner.) I decided to add some acrylic paint to the focal area of my page. I used a Dina Wakley sky blue paint (which was conveniently still on my desk from a previous project), plus some white paint, both of which I applied with a brayer.


Next, I added some extra papery layers to go in behind my photos (all Vicki Boutin papers). I chose the bright green leafy print paper first, as it was totally made to go with the shirts Mandy and I were wearing. I also added a splash of orange to tie in with the colour of Fiona's dress. I also added some frayed gauze under my photos and a few pieces of torn washi tape to the page.


When it came to embellishing the layout I didn't stray far from the 'Let's Wander' collection. I used a few pieces from the chipboard Thickers pack including the labels I attached to each of my smaller photos and the orange phrase label that formed part of my title. The remainder of my title was some of my favourite black foam Thickers. 


I chose three large die cuts from the ephemera pack (sunglasses, camera and a leafy branch), and used them to create my "visual triangle" around my main photo. I chose the large size die cuts because anything smaller would have been overwhelmed on this bold, busy page. I also added a couple of stickers from the sticker sheet. 


I finished off with my handwritten journalling and a scattering of small orange star buttons.

Check out my process video for this page, and please make sure you visit the other creators who are taking part in the hop - you might just find some new scrappers to follow. (You can find a full list of the participants in my video description over on YouTube.)


Thanks so much for stopping by today, I'll see you again soon. Until then, happy scrapping! X

No comments: