Monday 17 May 2021

Together | Kitaholic Kits May 2021

 


Hi everyone, today I have another Kitaholic Kits design team project to share using the May kit and mixed media add-on kit. My inspiration for this project came from one of the Vicki Boutin stencils in the mixed media kit - the floral pattern. As soon as I saw this stencil it had a real "retro" vibe to me, and I knew I wanted to pair it with an old childhood photo. I found a photo of my sister and I and thought that the painted style paper from the Heidi Swapp 'Carefree' collection in the kit would work well as my page background. 


I used a sponge applicator and my Tattered Rose Distress Oxide to add some of the floral pattern through the Vicki Boutin stencil in three areas of my page. I love the way it added extra depth to the background paper and I was impressed with how the Distress Oxide looked on top of the colour variations on the paper.


Next, I moved onto creating some paper layers for the focal area of my page. I added some torn pieces from some of the other Heidi Swapp papers in the kit, and added a mat to my photo as well. I layered them together, adding a paper doily from the kit and some frayed gauze from my stash, before placing my photo on top. 


To the left of my photo, I used a gold foil edged journal card from the 'Carefree' Ephemera pack with my typed journalling on it; along with a circular gold foil phrase piece and leafy branch from the same pack. Along the bottom edge of the photo I added the gold foil happy with you phrase sticker.


To the right of my photo I added more ephemera pieces including a tag (which I tied with twine), gold foiled flower and small gold heart. I used the word together from the Cardstock Sticker sheet as my page title, adding some foam tape under it to pop it up from the page. The wood veneer heart was from a previous kit and I think the small splash of natural texture it brought to the page worked really well.


 I finished off my layout with some stamped butterflies from the Pink Paislee stamp set in the kit. I used Bundled Sage and Stormy Sky Distress Oxides for them. The final touch was splatters of Heidi Swapp Color Shine in Navy and Dina Wakley Gloss Spray in Mineral, plus a few stamped phrase using a roller stamp from my stash. 

If you would like to see it come together, you can watch my process video here:


Thanks for stopping by, I'll be back soon with another project to share. Until then, happy scrapping! X

No comments: