Saturday 3 April 2021

Cheers | Kitaholic Kits March 2021

 


Hi everyone! I've got another layout created for Kitaholic Kits using the March kit to share with you today. This layout was inspired by the beautiful teal paper that I used for my background as it immediately made me think of this series of photos, specifically because it was the same colour as the cocktails we were drinking. These photos were taken during a girls weekend away and feature me, my sister Mandy, and my dear friend Fiona Paltridge. Traditionally I wouldn't use so many photos on one layout, but when I looked through them to pick the ones I wanted to use, I couldn't bear to part with any of them because I love them all so much! So that's how I ended up with SEVEN on my page. 


I was so lucky that I got to "double dip" this month, given that I was already able to use the 'Sunkissed' collection on behalf of Cocoa Vanilla Studio, and then also with this kit for Kitaholic Kits.

Besides the gorgeous teal Sunny Days paper I used for my background, I also had a couple of torn pieces of the cloud print Just Chillin' paper that I had left from a previous layout. I decided to use the two of them to frame in my layout from the two outer edges.


I used white acrylic paint and my wide #4 brush to apply some paint to the centre of my page. This helped to "pull back" the colour a bit and also define the focal area of my page. I used small yellow paper doilies in place of patterned paper behind my photos, as I liked the way the rounded shape of the doilies cut through all of the straight lines from the photo edges. They also helped to define the flow of my photo series. 


To embellish my layout, I went with my preferred method of three main embellishment clusters to form a visual triangle around the focal point of my page. Given that I had so many photos, I settled for as close as it was practical to have these placed so that almost all of the photos fell within the triangle.


I built my embellishment clusters using a mix of pieces from the Die Cut Ephemera and Floral Ephemera packs. I also placed a few of the Accessory Stickers around my page.

For my page title I used the word cheers from the Glitter Foam Titles pack, and added a small gold heart from the pack into each of my embellishment clusters. I underlined my title using one of the brush stroke stickers from the Clear Sticker set, then used a few small hearts and a row of chevron stickers from the same set.


I finished off with some stamped phrases and some tiny splatters of Liquitex black acrylic ink. I am so happy with how it all came together and the fact that I have finally done justice to this epic series of photos! I hope I have inspired you to scrap a multi photo layout too. 

If you would like to see how I put this layout together, you can watch my process video here:


Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: