Sunday 11 April 2021

Cheers to the Weekend | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

 

Hi everyone, today I am sharing a fun mixed media layout I created for Cocoa Vanilla Studio using the new 'Sunkissed' collection. For this page, I decided to document a photo of myself and my sister that was taken when we snuck off for a last minute weekend away late last year. Just us, peace and quiet, cocktails, snacks and lots of scrapping with ocean views. It was sorely needed after the forced cancellation of our annual retreat due to COVID, and pure bliss!


I started my page with the Just Chillin' patterned paper, which features the sweet cloud print. Before I did anything else, I wanted to tone down the pattern in the centre of the page, where the focal area of my layout was going to be. I used white and yellow acrylic paint, which I applied lightly with a brayer, which softened the pattern enough, but not so much that you could still see through it. Once that as done, I turned my attention to creating some papery layers.


I started with a couple of papers from the A5 Paper Stack first - a yellow chevron, and a blue animal print. (These two papers are exclusive to the A5 Paper Stack, so cannot be found in the 12x12" Collection Kit.) I chose the yellow and blue because the combination of these colours just screams "beach" to me. I tore both the papers and layered them, adding a strip of the pretty yellow floral from the Fun in the Sun paper on top. I then added a piece of the striped Good Vibrations paper, a small yellow doily, and some frayed gauze, before finishing the stack with my photo on top.


The next item I reached for was the Pocket Card pack. Pocket cards may not be something you would usually reach for when creating a traditional 12x12" layout, but I love how versatile they are! I used one cut in half to add an extra layer in behind my papers; a card for my typed journalling; and a third card that I fussy cut my title from. My title was also popped up on some foam tape to give it some dimension.


To embellish my page I used several pieces from the Die Cut Ephemera pack including the small feeling fine banner; the tab and flag on the corner of my photo; a couple of clouds and the cute sun. I also used the gorgeous rainbow arrow from the Accessory Sticker sheet; a small Wood Button; some Clear Stickers; and a few cute Puffy Stickers


I finished my page with some black ink splatters (and yes, some got on my photo! haha); and some stamped phrases using a roller stamp. 

If you would like to watch how this page came together, you can watch my process video here:


Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: