Thursday 22 April 2021

Easter '20 | Kitaholic Kits April 2021


Hi everyone,
Today I am sharing my third project using the Kitaholic Kits April 2021 kit and mixed media add-on kit. This time, I was inspired by the sweet little motifs in the Maggie Holmes 'Garden Party' sticker book, that had me thinking of sweet treats and Easter, so I decided to document some photos of my kids from Easter morning last year. 


The challenge of working with the stickers from this book on a 12x12" layout is that the stickers are a pretty small size, so I knew I had to scale things back on my page to suit them. I printed four photos, each one 3x4", to allow me to have multiple photos on the page without overwhelming it. I also knew I had to keep the focal area of my layout in relatively tight so the stickers wouldn't get lost. 


For my background, I used white cardstock and one of the Heidi Swapp chalk inks from the mixed media kit. I swiped the ink pad back and forth across my page, then used a wide brush loaded with water to blend the ink out. 

The stencilled detail was added later using a stencil from Obed Marshall (also from the mixed media kit), a sponge dauber, and my Peacock Feathers Distress Oxide.


Over the top of the ink I added a narrow, vertical piece of patterned paper to define the area where my photos would go, then tucked in some tags that I had hand cut from another paper (both of these were Obed Marshall 'Buenos Dias' papers). I also tucked in a mini doily and some small scraps of paper I had left from my previous project. My cardstock was also bordered with one of the Obed Marshall papers.


Besides the Maggie Holmes sticker book, the other embellishments on my layout were a mix of the coordinating Maggie Holmes 'Garden Party' Thickers, and gold Thickers - both also included in the kit. I finished off with some stamped phrases using a roller stamp from my stash and Teal Archival ink, and of course, a few splatters!

You can watch exactly how this layout came together in my process video:


Thanks for popping by today so I could share this with you. Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: