Thursday 29 April 2021

Bloom | Kitaholic Kits April 2021


Hi everyone, 
Back again to share my final project for Kitaholic Kits using the April 2021 kit. This project was inspired by the Simple Stories 'Bunnies and Blooms' items that were in the kit, which had a very Spring / gardening vibe to them. I thought they would work well with some photos of one of my boys that I took when he picked his first homegrown strawberries. (He was so proud!)


I started with one of the Studio Light papers for my background featuring small spots in blue, pink and purple. I then pulled pink, blue and lilac papers (from Studio Light and Obed Marshall) from the kit to match and created some layers to go underneath my photo. I also added a piece of the teal paper to tie in with my son's shirt in the photos. Besides the papers, I also tucked in a blue paper doily and some frayed gauze from my stash. 


Once I had the papers in place, I pulled out some cut files that I had laying around. These were floral design ones that I had cut previously and had gone into my "miscut" pile. (Some had a bit of fraying, parts not cut properly, etc.) These were all subscriber exclusive cut files from a previous kit (I think November or December?)



I took the cut files and cut them into pieces with the intention of tucking them in amongst my layers. I first decided to colour them though, so I took the green Heidi Swapp chalk ink from the mixed media add-on kit, mixed it with a little water and used a brush to paint it on. I then tucked the pieces in to help frame around my photos.


For my page title, I used the large bloom word from the Simple Stories 'Bunnies & Blooms' Page Pieces pack, which I ran across the bottom edge of my photos. I then embellished around my photos using more of the die cuts from the same pack mixed with some of the coordinating 'Bunnies and Blooms' chipboard stickers. 


I also added some stickers from the Maggie Holmes 'Garden Party' sticker book and wrote my journalling on a small label in the bottom right corner of the page.

I really love how this layout turned out! (And most importantly, my son does too.) If you'd like to see how I created it, you can watch my process video here:


That's all for my April kit shares, I'll be back again soon with a fresh kit and some new projects. Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: