Wednesday 14 April 2021

Hey Bunny | Kitaholic Kits April 2021

 

Hi everyone! Today I am happy to be sharing the first of my projects using the Kitaholic Kits April kit and mixed media add-on kit. (If you would like to see the full contents of the kit, check out my unboxing video HERE.) This month's kit has some lovely pastel / Spring vibes that I thought would be perfect for documenting Easter, I decided to kick things off with a pretty Easter-themed layout documenting some fun selfies my daughter and I took together on Easter Sunday last year. 

I started my page by creating a mixed media background on a sheet of white cardstock (that I had cut down to 11x11"), using one of the Heidi Swapp chalk inks from the mixed media kit. I simply swiped the ink across my page randomly then used a wide brush loaded with water to blend it on the page. I then used a Distress Oxide from my stash (the new Kitsch Flamingo colour) and a sponge dauber combined with the floral design stencil from the mixed media kit to add the pattern over the top. I then topped it off by using a Dina Wakely Gloss Spray (from the March mixed media kit) to add some splatters over the top.


With my background done, I then mounted it onto the pretty lilac paper from Studio Light to form the border for my page. (I cut out the middle to retain it for another project.) I then created some layers using some of the other papers from the kit to go under my photos.


To embellish my page I used a mix of items from the kit that included the Simple Stories 'Bunnies & Blooms' chipboard stickers and die cuts; the Maggie Holmes 'Garden Party' sticker book and puffy Thickers pack.



I also used a pretty handmade heart embellishment from Charms Creations that I layered with the "XO" from the Thickers pack. 


I finished off my page with handwritten journalling, some stamped phrases and some black ink splatters. 

This page was a bit different for me - not only for the pink and purple colour palette I used, but also for the fact that I strayed from my usual "visual triangle" design and opted for a horizontal style flow instead.

If you would like to watch this page come together, make sure you check out my process video here: 


I'll see you again soon with another project. Until then, happy scrapping! X

No comments: