Friday 26 March 2021

Together | Kitaholic Kits March 2021

 


Hi friends! Yes, I am back again with another design team project to share, this time for Kitaholic Kits using the March kit. In case you didn't already know, the March kit features the new 'Sunkissed' collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio which is totally gorgeous! I thought it would be perfect to pair with this photo of my family and I that was taken at the beach last winter (yes, winter, I am in Queensland after all!)


I started this page with a sheet of white cardstock and a couple of Distress Oxides (Shabby Shutters and Mustard Seed), along with my foam blending tools that I had decided to dust off for a change. I blended some of each colour in the central area of the page, then used a paint brush to splatter some water over the top. I then dabbed the water up with paper towel, which also drew up the colour, leaving a fabulous distressed effect.


Once the colour was down on the background, I added layers of patterned paper which included the yellow floral from Fun in the Sun; the wood grain from Just Chillin'; and the blue stripe from Bright Side. I loved the colour combination of these papers together and I used tearing and distressing to add texture to them. 


I matted my photo using the cloud print from the Just Chillin' paper, and I also added a paper doily and some frayed gauze under my photo. 

To embellish my page I used fussy cut floral pieces from the Growing Wild paper as the basis of my three clusters.


I added text to my page using a mix of Accessory Stickers and Die Cut Ephemera pieces. My title was simply the word together from the gold Glitter Foam Titles


I finished off by adding a few extra splashes of colour to my background using some of the brush strokes from the Clear Sticker sheet, then some splatters of gold and navy mists.

If you would like to watch me create this layout, you can watch my process video below. If you haven't already, I would love it if you would subscribe to my channel and give me a thumbs up if you like what you see. 


Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: