Friday 9 April 2021

Brothers Love | Scrappy YouTubers Lift-a-thon

 

Hi friends! I've got an extra project to share with you today - a layout that was created for the Scrappy YouTubers Lift-a-thon. (I know, it sounds kind of strenuous doesn't it? I promise it's not!) 


This huge YouTube hop has a long list of very talented participants and I was so happy to be able to take part. For the hop, each participant scraplifts a project from the next person on the list, which means there is a new video going up every day for well over a month. (You can find the full list of participants and a link to each of their channels in my video description on YouTube.)

I was tasked to scraplift a project by the lovely Joanne Bartell, and below is a shot of the pretty layout I chose to lift.


I decided to put my own spin on Joanne's page by creating a boy page for my layout, and I used the 'Legendary' collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio.


I documented a sweet photo of my boys that I took one day when one of them wasn't feeling well.


Besides the 'Legendary' collection, I also added some mixed media to my page using a Distress Oxide with a cool stencil from StencilGirl, and some stamping using one of my favourite background stamps from Viva Las VegaStamps
 

I added texture to my page with the use of frayed gauze, and included metallic elements of wire and staples to help give it a masculine feel.


I also included a handmade star embellishment from Charms Creations, which I layered with the Cocoa Vanilla flair button. 

I was so happy with how this layout turned out - I do love a good boy page!
If you would like to see exactly how this all came together, make sure you pop over and watch my process video. (And don't forget to visit all the participants as the hop progresses too.)


Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: