Tuesday 9 February 2021

Mum's Day | Kitaholic Kits February 2021

 

Hi everyone! Popping in today to share the first of my projects using the fabulous February kit from Kitaholic Kits. This month's kit features a range of papers from Vicki Boutin, Heidi Swapp and Amy Tan; as well as a mix of embellishments; and the mixed media kit includes FOUR Dylusions Shimmer Sprays and a stencil! Jam. Packed.

I decided to document a couple of fun selfies of my kids and I that were taken on Mother's Day in 2019, right after they had showered me with handmade gifts, chocolate, kisses and cuddles.


For my first layout, I couldn't wait to crack out one of the Shimmer Sprays, and was immediately drawn to the Vibrant Turquoise (given it is from my favourite blue / green colour family). Instead of using as it as a spray though, I grabbed a soft round brush, dipped it into the bottle and painted it onto my cardstock instead. The colour is gorgeous and it has such a beautiful shimmer.


If you know my work, you will already know how much I love using tags. So for this layout I decided to create a bunch of tags from a couple of the Vicki Boutin 'Storyteller' papers, which I tied off with twine. I added a large torn strip of another of the Vicki Boutin papers running vertically down my page, then used the tags I had made to start building layers where my photos were going to go. 


Tucked in amongst the tags I also included three of the Maggie Holmes 'Sweet Story' puffy frames, which are a beautiful duck egg blue colour. Before adding my photos, I also added some messy black cotton thread for texture. 


To embellish my layout I used a mix of Jen Hadfield ephemera pieces, Heidi Swapp stickers and the American Crafts Thickers from the kit for my title. I finished it off with my handwritten journalling and some simple stamping.

If you would like to watch how this one came together, I have a process video available on my YouTube channel:


There are still a few of these kits left in the Kitaholic Kits store, but you will have to be quick! You can find them in store here: https://www.kitaholickits.com/shop-now

I am looking forward to sharing the rest of my projects using this kit, I loved working with it.
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: