Sunday 21 February 2021

Cool Specs | Kitaholic Kits February 2021


Hi friends! I'm happy to be back to share the third of my February projects created for Kitaholic Kits with you. For today's layout I decided to use one of the subscriber exclusive cut files as the focus of my page, and pair it with some cute photos of my son.


I started with the Pebbles black and white typed text print paper as my page background, which I then topped with a piece of one of the Vicki Boutin papers that I distressed and ripped a little at the edges before sticking it down. 


I fell in love with the super cute glasses from the February subscriber cut file set.(They were intended as sunglasses but I knew they would be perfect as reading glasses.) I cut them quite large from black cardstock, and I also cut a couple of tiny pairs while I was at it too. I used a scrap of pale blue watercolour print paper I had left from my January kit to back the lenses of the glasses. When I backed the cut file, I actually left a couple of space around the edge as I knew I wanted to tuck the two smaller photos in under the edge of the frames.


I created layers behind my photos using a paper doily from my stash; gold puffy frames (from Maggie Holmes' Sweet Story); foiled pieces from the Jen Hadfield (The Avenue) ephemera pack; and some messy black cotton for texture. I also added one of the cute little mini sets of glasses that I had cut. 


For my title, I used the word cool from the Heidi Swapp sticker book, combined with some of the Thickers for the word specs. I finished off with a few extra stickers and some of the gorgeous gold Pebbles puffy hearts scattered around the page; then handwritten journalling, a few stamped phrases and some tiny splatters. I think this layout turned out super cute - what do you think?

If you would like to watch me put this page together and chat about it as well, you can watch my process video here: 


Thanks for stopping by today and for all of the beautiful kind words you guys leave on my posts and videos. Reading them really makes all the work that goes into them worthwhile, especially knowing that I can help inspire you.
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: