Saturday 27 February 2021

Treat Yo'self | Kitaholic Kits February 2021

 

Hi everyone! With the month just about over, I am here today to share my final February kit project for Kitaholic Kits. For this layout, I decided to scrap some photos of my daughter that I snapped when we stopped for a treat whilst out shopping one day. I started this page thinking I was going to go in one direction, but wasn't happy so I changed tack. (If you are interested, you can hear my explanation in my process video.)


The background of this layout features one of the beautiful mixed media style papers from the Heidi Swapp 'Art Walk' collection. I loved the pink and blue colour palette and decided to stick mainly with those two colours for my page. I wanted to enhance the blue in the paper, so I used one of the Vicki Boutin 'Storyteller' stencils and Ranger Faded Jeans Distress Oxide to add some stencilled detail to the page. I chose the three spots on the paper that already seemed to have the most "mixed media" printed there. 


For my papery layers, I used pieces of the Amy Tan cut apart sheet in the kit, as well as a large piece of the blue Vicki Boutin paper. I also added a pink polka dot doily from my stash (it might have been a Doodlebug one?) and some frayed gauze for texture.


The it's a good day to be happy tab and my journal card both came from the Amy Tan cut apart, and I simply typed my journalling straight onto the card. (And yes, I love a good pun!)

For my embellishments, I used a a number of subscriber exclusive floral printables that were actually a mix from December, January and February. Some of these were layered with a handmade heart embellishment from Charms Creations


On the opposite side of the page my embellishment cluster also featured some Pebbles Jen Hadfield die cut pieces - a sweet little grocery store and a car. I added the treat yo'self sticker from the Heidi Swapp sticker book along the side of it to form my page title. (Titles don't always have to be big!)


I finished off with some splatters of the Ranger Dylusions 'Rose Quartz' Shimmer Spray.

Yes! I have a process video available for this page so you can see how it came together and find out what my "false start" was:


I hope you have enjoyed seeing my February projects. If you have missed any of them you can simply look back through my posts here, or if you prefer, catch up on my process videos on my YouTube channel instead.
Thanks again for all your support. Happy scrapping! X

No comments: