Tuesday 26 May 2020

Iso Hair | Dust it Off Challenge | May Homemade Kit


Hi friends!
Well it's official - after almost 9 very long weeks I was finally able to retire my teacher's hat and send the kids back to school yesterday. (I am not sure who was happier about it - them or me? hehe) So now I have the chance to get a bit of quiet time, it's time to get back to my "Dust it Off" challenge, and what better way than by getting stuck into a homemade stash kit?! 

So today I am sharing the first layout that I created from my May homemade kit, that I put together using Khristina Sorge's "For the Love of Homemade Kits" May recipe below. 


And here is my layout, "Iso Hair"...
(Click on photos for a better view)


I had these cute photos of my daughter with her dyed green "iso hair" to document, so I knew I had to use green to coordinate with them. I started my page with a sheet of white cardstock that I trimmed down to measure 11x11" then backed it with the My Minds Eye large grey spot paper to form a border. Next, I took my Dina Wakley 'Elephant' acrylic paint and used a wide brush to dry brush a small amount on my background.  


Now it was time to turn my attention to the papers in the kit, so I picked a variety of pieces to start creating some papery layers. The papers I used were a mix of Crate Paper, My Minds Eye and Heidi Swapp in varying shades of grey, green with a touch of pinky-peach thrown in. I cut the papers into an assortment of shapes and sizes and arranged them so the patterns and shapes were more horizontally dominant. I also added a grey paper doiley to my stack, then placed my photos on top and used some fussy cut chevrons to help draw the viewer's eye to them.


To embellish my page I used a variety of pieces from a die cut pack I got from the Reject Shop; a D-lish Scraps flair; and a tiny little banner from the Crate Paper 'Confetti' chipboard sheet.


I also added the Webster's Pages I'm so fancy sticker; a small flower button from the Cocoa Vanilla Studio 'Free Spirit' collection; and some Heidi Swapp acetate hearts (I used my tiny attacher to secure them to the page). I used two different Cocoa Vanilla Studio alpha stickers for my title and then added some tiny splatters of black ink and I was done!


If you would like a look at the full contents of my kit, you can watch my kit reveal video here:


That's all from me today, I'll be back soon with another layout to share.
Until then, happy scrapping! X

No comments: