Friday 22 May 2020

Life is a Beautiful Mess | Cocoa Vanilla Studio


Hi everyone! Today I am sharing a layout I created during the Cocoa Vanilla Studio International Scrapbook Day celebration event. It was such an amazing weekend - full of fun, friendship, and of course, inspiration! I am so proud of our team and all the work they put into the event, and to hear how much everyone who took part enjoyed it, really made it all worthwhile.

So the layout I am sharing here was designed for Gwen's "Grab 5" challenge where we had to include - a chipboard element; a die cut title; a flair button; enamel dots; and something fussy cut. I decided to document this fabulous photo of my daughter being hit with holi powder that was taken by a lovely friend of mine who is a photographer. And what better to pair a splash of colour with, than the beautiful 'Bohemian Dream' collection?


Given the "arty" theme of this photograph, I decided the best approach would be to have some arty fun whilst I created it. I started with a sheet of white cardstock that I cut down to measure 11x11" with the intention of mounting it on patterned paper later on. I pulled out my gelatos (if you don't have gelatos you can substitute any sort of water soluble pastel or art crayon). I chose some colours that would match with the palette of the collection, and used them to create a very simple "scribbled" background in a rough square shape. I then used my fingertip and a baby wipe to blend the colours out. 


With my background work complete, I then turned my attention to creating some layers for behind my photo. I gathered some scraps of the Gypsy Heart and Dreamer papers and added them behind my photo, tucking in a yellow paper doily from my stash as well. I also added a tag that I cut and the you brighten my world tag sticker from the Accessory Sticker sheet, both tied with twine.

For the fussy cut element of my page, I couldn't go past using the stunning floral print from the collection - Abundant. I cut three pieces from the paper, tucking each of them under the edges of my photo to form a triangle around it. I also added the live a colourful life sticker along the bottom edge of the photo.


By now I needed to tick off a few other items from my criteria list, as I only had one in place so far. I grabbed a flair button from the Flair Button pack, adding it on top of the floral cluster to the left of photo. The next element I wanted to add was the chipboard element, so I chose a few pieces from the coordinating Chipboard Accent Sticker sheet - a couple of small hearts and the beautiful pink moth. 

For my title, I knew exactly what I wanted it to say, so I grabbed the 'Happiness' Die Cut Titles pack and chose the words life is beautiful. To complete my title I fussy cut a mess from one of the cards on the cut apart Boho Bits paper, then mounted all the words down along the right side of my photo.


I finished off my page with a scattering of sweet enamel shapes (hearts) and a splattering of some navy mist. I was so happy with how this pretty page turned out!

If you haven't joined the INSD group yet, you can find it on Facebook HERE. Despite the fact the challenges have now closed there are still lots of things you can access to inspire you - a free online class from Zoe (including a printable digital kit); process, live scrap and instructional videos from different members of the team; and plenty of layouts to see too.

Thanks so much for stopping by today so I could share this with you. Until next time, happy scrapping! X 

No comments: