Wednesday 13 May 2020

Happiness Found | Scrap the Girls May challenge


Hi everyone! Popping in today to share my take on this month's challenge at Scrap the Girls, which is called "It's in my Soul". The boho vibes are strong with this challenge, with the mood board featuring some gorgeous bohemian inspired images.

Here's a look at the board...


And here's a look at my layout that was inspired by the board...
(Click on photos for a better view)


To create my page I began with white cardstock and acrylic paints; using the Dina Wakley "Night" paint applied with a brayer first, then adding some highlights of a peach/pink shade by using my fingertips. (I always say that fingers make the best brushes!)

Once that was dry, I used one of my favourite StencilGirl stencils, "Rose Bouquet" with some Vicki Boutin Iridescent Glaze to add some texture and shine over the top.


With my background complete I then turned my attention to creating some papery layers. I used some scraps (that I think may have been Heidi Swapp papers?), adding a torn piece over my background, and then cutting a double layered mat for my photo. I also tucked in a grey doily to soften some of the straight edges.  


To embellish my page I chose a beautiful floral paper from the Pink Paislee 'Take Me Away' collection by Paige Evans and fussy cut a couple of pieces from it. I then tucked them in on either side of my photo to help frame it.


I continued embellishing my layout using die cuts from a pack that I got from the Reject Shop. I pulled several flowers, a small wreath frame, a couple of butterflies and then finished off with the happiness found banner and the sweet woodland fox. (Isn't it adorable?!)


And with that, my layout was done! I loved being inspired by the board for this challenge, and I am very happy with how this page came out. I would love to see you play along with us this month. Our Aussie sponsor for May is one of my fave peeps - the lovely Gwen from Cut to You. And for our international winner, we have a brand new sponsor on board - Tanya Leigh Designz. Make sure you pop over and check them both out.
And if you want some more inspiration, you can see all the layouts the team created for this challenge HERE
Thanks for stopping by today. Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: