Wednesday 12 February 2020

Beautiful | Scrap the Girls February challenge


Hi everyone!
Time for another design team share from me, this time for Scrap the Girls. This month's challenge is called "Dip Me in Colour" and is a very pretty colour inspiration board that looks like this...


For my take on the challenge I decided to document a photo of my daughter that was taken recently at a friend's birthday party. The birthday girl's mum just happens to be a photographer, so at the party she did a photo shoot for them. All the girls took a variety of outfits to choose from, and with a couple of extra ladies on hand to help with hair and make-up, she got some amazing shots of them all. (Isn't that a great idea for a party?!) For anyone local to me (Sunshine Coast / North Brisbane), check out Teresa's work at Purely Poetic photography HERE 

Here is my take on the challenge...
(Click on photos for a better view)


For my layout I decided to use the Cocoa Vanilla Studio 'Midnight' collection. (Which I have actually been using quite a bit of lately - I love a bit of stash-busting!) This range features the majority of colours from the inspiration board (except the aqua), so I chose to leave that out and include the touch of gold that was included in the inspiration picture instead. 


I began my page with the gorgeous Inspired paper for my background. I chose this paper because of the mixed media style and the spots that tied in with the inspiration image. I then added pieces of the Inky Depths, Moonlight, and Shine Bright papers to form a mat for my photo and title. I also added a gold doily before adding my photo on top, using some cardboard underneath to pop it up from the background.

To further draw the viewer's eye into the photo, I cut the Flower Crown cut file from Cut to You using white cardstock and layered it over the top, then popped a small chipboard heart on as well.


I placed my page title on the horizontal strip of paper to the right of the photo, and used the word beautiful, then added the small my darling banner below it (both pieces were from the Midnight Chipboard Pieces pack). I then added a large floral feature by fussy cutting a section of the stunning Bloom & Grow paper, which I tucked in alongside my photo. (Those sketchy style flowers are so divine!)



To balance my layout, I created a small embellishment cluster in the top left corner of the page using a torn piece of Inky Depths paper; a couple of flowers from the Die Cut Ephemera pack; and a chipboard banner.
I finished off by adding a few more ephemera pieces and some clear stickers from the Clear Stickers pack around my page. (Did I mention I how much I love clear stickers?)


Thanks so much for stopping by today so I could share this with you. Be sure to pop over HERE and see what the rest of the STG Design Team (including our newest members!) created to inspire you for this challenge. Our fabulous Australian sponsor this month is Cut to You and as always, Scrap Accent for our international entrants.

Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: