Sunday 2 February 2020

We Remember Moments | Cocoa Vanilla Studio


Hi everyone!
Popping in again today to share yet another design team project from the end of last year. This layout was created for Cocoa Vanilla Studio using the gorgeous 'Unforgettable' collection and a photo of my children that I took while I was shopping with them a few years ago. It used to take me a long time to get the grocery shopping done when I had the kids with me, as I would constantly be stopped by people asking questions about the boys. Twin seat trolleys were rare when I took this photo and our local supermarket only had two of them, so I usually had to get a staff member find one for me when we arrived. (Thankfully they seem to be the norm at most stores now.)


I started this page by creating a mixed media background on some white cardstock, using 'Picked Raspberry' Distress Oxide to create a watercolour style background, before adding some stamping and Colour Blast by Bee Arty 'Steel' Colour Paste through a stencil in a few spots on my page. I also added some blue watercolour splatters over the top for some extra interest.

Next, I fussy cut the wreath from the beautiful Garland paper, adding foam tape underneath the floral section to pop it up from the page, before sticking it down on top of my background. (You can see how I bent the edges up from the page to add extra dimension.)
I then added some pieces of paper cut from the B sides of the Glorious and Sprightly papers as a mat for my photo, which I stuck down on top.


Alongside my photo, I added the quote "we don't remember the days, we remember moments" from scaled down version of the Story Teller paper from the 6x8" Paper Stack to act as my page title. I was especially drawn to use this quote for this layout, as in the early days of having twins life seemed to pass by in such a blur. Going shopping with the kids and having two sitting in the trolley and one perched on the end like in the photo is something I will always remember though. 

On top of the quote card I added the cute camera Flair Button and popped a couple of Enamel Dots nearby.


Now it was time to embellish my wreath. I used a variety of flowers from the Die Cut Ephemera pack, which I stuck down on top of the wreath using foam tape to provide further dimension. I also added 3 bows from the Tassels and Bows pack; and a few small phrase stickers from the Accessory Sticker sheet.


I finished off my layout by adding more Enamel Dots; a die cut butterfly; and then a few hand-stitched crosses using embroidery thread.

That's all from me today, I hope I have inspired you to create something pretty too. 
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: