Tuesday 25 February 2020

Best Friends | Cocoa Vanilla Studio


Hi everyone!
Popping in today to share a layout that I created for Cocoa Vanilla Studio using the ever-beautiful 'Happiness' collection. This page features a photo of my daughter (that's her in the blue) and her friends that was taken the night of their primary school graduation. She has such a lovely group of friends and it was a special time for them to be able to celebrate together. 

Here is what I created...
(Click on photos for a better view)


 For my layout, I began with the blue watercolour pattern on the B-side of the Good Vibes paper as my page base. Next, I took the oh-so-pretty So Fresh paper and fussy cut the beautiful wreath design from it. I then added some foam mounting tape to the back and positioned it on my page (without yet sticking it down).


I then matted my photo with the pink B-side of the Expressive paper before adhering it to the background sheet, then added the mounted wreath over the top. I bent the edges of the wreath up slightly from the page in some places to add extra dimension.


Above the photo, I added a small tab  and some leaves from the Die Cut Ephemera pack to create a small cluster. For my title I used the words best friends from the Die Cut Titles pack, highlighting it with the row of chevrons sticker from the Clear Sticker set. 


To help frame my photo and bring some extra balance to the page, I arranged a couple of phrase stickers from the Accessory Sticker sheet and the time to shine banner piece from the Die Cut Ephemera pack to create a visual triangle. I also added some extra leaves to the outer edges of the wreath by tucking in a few from the ephemera pack.


At this point I thought that my wreath felt a little “disconnected” from the background, so I drew some inspiration from my former team member Amanda Baldwin, and doodled some extra leaves around the wreath using a fine white paint pen. I also added a little extra prettiness by using some tiny paper flowers from my stash, which I placed randomly around the wreath.


I finished up by creating another “visual triangle” – this time using butterflies fussy cut from the Bright & Beautiful paper. (You probably already know how much I LOVE butterflies!)

I am so happy with how this pretty page turned out, and am pleased to report it found a very special home. It was popped into a frame and gifted to one of the girls in the photo for her birthday.
That's all from me today, thanks for stopping by. Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: