Tuesday 8 May 2018

Stay Classy | Scrap the Girls May Challenge


Hi everyone! Have you checked out this month's challenge at Scrap the Girls yet? It's a fabulous themed mood board called "Birthday Girl" and it looks like this...


I took the opportunity to be inspired to scrap a photo of one of my friends and I enjoying some drunken party shenanigans. The photo was taken at my besties' "Pimps & Hoes" dress up 40th birthday party last year and it was so much fun! I was also inspired by the pink in the board.


I decided to use the Flutterby Designs 'We Run the World' collection for my layout as the colours and theme worked well with my photo. I used a sheet of very pale pink Cocoa Vanilla Studio patterned paper for my background to start with, then laid the extra piece of the Flutterby floral print 'Frida' paper over the top.


Along the edges of the 'Frida' paper I added some stamping using my Viva Las VegaStamps staple stamps (Staple X; Three Staples; and Six Staples.) To define my focal area, I painted some Colour Blast black heavy gesso across my page using a wide brush. 


I then created a layered photo mat using some of the 'We Run the World' Everyday Etc filler cards and a D-lish Scraps paper doily. The black gesso helped to separate my layers from the background and provide more depth. I also some pieces of torn washi tape.


Alongside my photo I added my title card, which was fussy cut from one of the 'We Run the World' Everyday Etc cards. I popped it up on a bit of foam tape to give it some dimension and also added some more torn washi and a die cut heart from the 'We Run the World' Die Cut Bits & Bobs pack.


To the left of my photo I added a hot pink Charms Creations heart, which I topped with some messy cotton thread and a Flutterby Designs flair button


Below my photo I added the die cut awesome word (also from the Bits & Bobs pack); and a couple of Tiny Sticky Quotes. I also added my handwritten journalling and stamped the date.
I then added a few neon enamel dots around my page and a little bit of stamping using my Viva Las VegaStamps 'Doodle Dots' stamp.

I hope you get the chance to play along with us this month. Up for grabs is a store voucher to the Cocoa Vanilla Studio store (perfect with the new 'Boys Rule' collection being released in a few weeks!) Get your entries linked up before the end of the month - check this post HERE for all the details and to see what the rest of the DT created.
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: