Wednesday 2 May 2018

Dance Off | Colour Blast


Hi everyone!
I am popping in today with another design team project to share with you. This mixed media scrapbook page was created for Colour Blast and features Colour Shimmer Dust, Colour Paste and Colour Artist Ink. I documented some fun snaps I took of my boys in a "dance off" at a party one night. To go with the theme of my photos, I gave my page a grungy urban style.


I started my page by mixing up some 'Duke' Colour Shimmer Dust with a little water; then brushed it across my cardstock using a wide brush. I then took a small brush and used it to splatter some of the excess around the page before drying it off with a heat gun.


I then added some 'Stormy Weather' Colour Paste roughly (so that it showed some "chunky" texture) through a brick stencil. I applied the paste to three areas of my page (as I tend to follow the visual triangle rule of design); before drying it off.


Whilst the paste was drying, I used some Uniquely Creative metal dies to cut 3 lightbulb shapes from cardstock. I then used 'Cranberry' Colour Artist Ink and a thin brush to colour them (I gave them 2 coats for extra vibrancy); before using the excess ink on the brush to add a few splatters around the page.


I then began constructing my page. I created a small mat for my photo strip using some music paper; a felt heart doily; and some frayed gauze; before mounting my photos on top. (I chose a photo strip collage for my pics as they had been taken late at night on my phone and were not the best quality.)


I added two of the lightbulb shapes alongside my photo strip.


I then added the third lightbulb above my photos, along with a handmade arrow embellishment from Charms Creations.


For my page title, I used some Jillibean Soup alpha stickers, which I outlined with a felt pen to help them stand out more from the background. I also added some stamped phrases around my page using some sentiment stamps from Uniquely Creative.


To finish off my layout, I added my handwritten journalling; stamped the date; and scattered some sequins around my page.


That's all from me today, thanks for stopping by so I could share this with you. I hope I have inspired you to get stuck into your Colour Blast products - perhaps pick up something you haven't used in a while, or try that new one you bought but haven't used yet? Whatever you do, have fun!
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: