Friday 25 May 2018

Super Boy | Scrap the Boys May Challenge


Hi everyone! 
The end of the month is fast approaching, so I thought I better pop in today to share my take on the May challenge at Scrap the Boys. This month the challenge inspiration involves some of my very favourite colours and it looks like this...


And here is what I created...

I took the opportunity to document some snaps I took of one of my boys down at our new local park. They installed a huge (and very tall) climbing frame which made my little Spiderman very happy indeed! (He didn't hesitate going straight to the top, quite unlike his twin brother who isn't fond of heights and prefers his feet placed firmly on the ground.)


To create my page, I started with the fabulous Crackle Background stamp from Viva Las VegaStamps for my background. I chose this stamp because the pattern reminded me of the ropes on the climbing frame. Then it was a matter of adding some colour. I reached for my favourite 'Oasis' and 'Lime' Colour Artist Inks from Colour Blast and simply applied them randomly with a brush around my page, allowing the inks to mix and pool in places.


Once the ink had dried I needed to create a layered mat for my photos. I gathered together a variety of materials - tissue paper; paper doily; mini paper bag; cotton thread; as well as some patterned paper, chipboard pieces and die cut ephemera from the 'You Rock' collection by Cocoa Vanilla Studio. I also added some cardboard to the back of my photos to pop them up a little higher. 


Alongside my photos I added an awesome denim and hessian star from Charms Creations which I topped with a Cocoa Vanilla Studio wood veneer arrow.


I then added my page title using a couple of CVS chipboard pieces and added a few stamped phrases to finish off my page.

Don't forget you have until the end of the month to get your take on the mood board linked up. There is a fabulous prize from Helmar up for grabs for our Australian winner and a guest designer spot for the international winner.
Visit the Scrap the Boys blog for all the details HERE
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: