Friday 18 May 2018

You Make My Heart Sing | Cocoa Vanilla Studio


Hi everyone!
Following on from my previous post about my upcoming classes at the Brisbane Scrapbook Expo using the 'Wild at Heart' collection from Cocoa Vanilla Studio; comes this sweet little off the page project I created using the very same collection.


Having created one of these frames before, I knew I already had a spare one in my stash cupboard that I had also conveniently pre-primed with some Colour Blast white heavy gesso. So when mojo hit me to create something different to a layout, it was simply a matter of pulling out the embroidery hoop, finding a photo and reaching for my Cocoa Vanilla Studio supplies.


I used a pic of my sister and I together and drew on the blue tones from the photo to inspire my colour scheme. I used a variety of die cut ephemera pieces including a printed doily, bow, flowers, leaves and butterflies. 


I framed the photo using one of the chipboard frames, (which I trimmed down slightly on the left corner to fit). I added the together sticker from the accessory sticker sheet onto my frame.


To tie in the timber theme more, I also added some hearts from the wood veneer words pack and then a few scattered enamel dots (sparkles). The final embellishment I added was the you make my heart sing chipboard accent sticker.
I then took a tiny bit of Colour Blast 'Just Blue' Colour Paste on my finger tip and rubbed it into the frame to give it a blue tint. 

Thanks for stopping by so I could share this with you today.
Don't forget to check my previous posts with all the details of the three classes I have coming up at the Brisbane Scrapbook Expo for Cocoa Vanilla Studio next month. If you have any questions about any of my classes, don't hesitate to ask!
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: