Monday 15 March 2021

You+Me | Kitaholic Kits March 2021

 

Hi everyone,

Popping in today to share my first March project for Kitaholic Kits. This month my kit actually arrived in two parts - the mixed media kit first, and then the main kit afterwards. I was in such a hurry to get stuck into the new mixed media kit that I decided to create something right away and combine it with some left-over items from previous kits. I also had a very special photo to document, which is of my mum and I that was taken when I was a toddler. 


My layout began with me creating a pretty mixed media background. I used the Dina Wakley Gloss Sprays and Darkroom Door butterfly stencil from the kit, which I combined with acrylic paints and some stamping. 

You can see exactly how I put the background together, and hear me talk a bit about the Gloss Sprays, in my video here: 


Once the background was done, I moved on to constructing the layout using a mixture of items from previous kits.


The patterned papers I layered under my photos were from Heidi Swapp and I used tearing and distressing, as well as a a paper doily and frayed gauze from my stash to add texture.


For my embellishments I used die cut flowers from the Jen Hadfield 'The Avenue' floral ephemera pack as well as some stickers from the Heidi Swapp 'Old School' cardstock sticker sheet and sticker book.


 To tuck in amongst my layers and add some extra dimension to my page, I also used some leafy Cut to You cut files that I had left-over from a previous project. (One of the reasons I always like to cut a few extras - you never know when you will need them!) The handmade heart embellishment is from Charms Creations, and I love the way the butterfly button ties in with the butterflies on the background.


I finished off with some white sequins,which added some subtle shine to the background. 

I really love how this page came out! If you would like to see how I constructed it after the background was done, you can watch my process video here:
 

Thanks for stopping by today so I could share this with you. Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: