Wednesday 24 March 2021

Happiness Is | Cocoa Vanilla Studio for the CSI Challenge

 

Hi everyone, back again with another design team project to share, and this is one that I actually forgot to share here a couple of weeks ago. (Oops!) This layout was created for Cocoa Vanilla Studio as a guest designer for the CSI: Colour, Stories, Inspiration challenge. (Cocoa Vanilla Studio are one of this month's sponsors.) 

Here is the case file that I was working with...


And some more details about the challenge...


I was initially inspired by the animal element to document a photo of my cat Genghis, as he slept curled up on my daughter's book about cats. I thought the colours in the palette lent themselves very well to the Cocoa Vanilla 'Happiness' collection, so that is what I used.


My layout began with a sheet of white cardstock which I had cut down to measure 11x11" and I used a small brayer to lightly apply some pink acrylic paint, then added some stamping over the top using a ledger style stamp from Viva Las VegaStamps


After I created my mixed media background, I mounted it onto the blue watercolour style print on the reverse of the Good Vibes paper. This left me with a beautiful blue border for my page.


For the patterned paper layers in the focal area of my page, I used a mix that included Little Things; Sprinkles; and So Fresh papers. I added some torn edges and frayed gauze to bring texture to the page; and a small red paper doily from my stash for an extra pop of colour.


For my embellishments, I created three main floral clusters using a mix of Die Cut Ephemera and fussy cut flowers from the Little Things paper. I used a label fussy cut from the same paper as my journal spot; and as stipulated in the CSI challenge clues, I added some small flowers to my journal spot too.


I used the words happiness is from the Die Cut Titles pack as my page title, which flowed on directly into my journalling.

I finished off my layout by adding some Clear Stickers around the page – a butterfly, some brush strokes,a tiny heart and a group of crosses. I love adding clear stickers, especially over a mixed media background, as it allows some of your original layers to show through. I also added some small phrase stickers from the Accessory Sticker sheet, then some black ink splatters and I was done!


Visit the CSI blog HERE for all the details of the current challenges and to see what everyone else created for this case file. You have until April 4th to get your entries in to be in the running for one of the prizes on offer, so get busy!

Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: