Friday 10 July 2020

A couple of "just because" layouts using Vicki Boutin supplies


Hi friends!
I'm popping in today to share a couple of "just because" layouts with you. I recently had a weekend away to enjoy some crafty time at my sister's place. The ability to spend a couple of days crafting with my favourite person, without any cries of "muuuum" or the inevitable distractions of everything that needs to be done around the house is just bliss!

I had very limited time when I packed for the weekend, and one of the things I grabbed was my treasured box of Vicki Boutin supplies. This included my stash of the "Let's Wander" collection, that I unashamedly admit I had been hoarding. To "break the ice" I decided to start with a quick A4 sized layout featuring my sister and I.

"Remember This Happened"...
(Click on photos for a better view)


I love this selfie of us that I took when we went to see Bohemian Rhapsody at the movies. We are both huge Queen fans, and love a good dress-up as well. (We've also been known to whip out moustaches and bust out Bohemian Rhapsody at random times.)


To create this layout I started by adding a splash of colour to my white cardstock using my Faber-Castell Gelatos. I simply scribbled the colour where I wanted it to be, then blended it out using a baby wipe. 

I then began to cut into my precious papers - adding a strip of the of the fun glasses print to the top and bottom of my page, and also a smaller strip of the navy abstract print. I then created a simple mat for my photo to sit on, adding a paper doily for extra interest.


I embellished my layout using a combination of die cuts and stickers; added simple typed journalling to tell the story and then finished with small splatters of black ink.
I love how it turned out, I think it's super fun!


Here is my second layout, "Grand Adventure"...



This time I opted for the same size and chose to document some photos of my hubby mountain climbing. I love these photos so much (I get way less scared seeing him like this now), and I love the tones of the sky in these shots that were taken at dusk. They also show some of the beauty of our local area.


Because of the colours in the photos, I was immediately drawn to the ombre style sheet of patterned paper from the 6x8" paper pad that I thought echoed them perfectly. Rather than cut into it, I decided to use it as a whole and simply used my brayer to add some Payne's Grey paint onto the cardstock before I stuck it down on top.


Not wanting to overwhelm the photos, or minimise the impact of the paper, I kept my embellishments relatively simple, again using a combination of stickers and die cuts. I created a small cluster in the top left corner of the page to include the quote that also doubled as my title.


With the exception of the title piece, I deliberately kept the remainder of my embellishments in black and white. This was to ensure that the colour photos and paper remained the focus of the page. I finished my layout by adding a simple doodled border using a Sharpie.

So there you have it - two "just because" layouts using my precious Vicki Boutin supplies. Now I have finally cracked into the "Let's Wander" collection I am keen to get stuck back into it. Stay tuned!
Thanks for stopping by today so I could share these with you. Until next time, happy scrapping! X 

No comments: