Tuesday 21 July 2020

Good Vibes | Cocoa Vanilla Studio


Hi everyone!
Just popping in quickly today with a project I shared last month for Cocoa Vanilla Studio that I hadn't posted here yet. This layout was actually created quite a while ago, and I used the gorgeous 'Happiness' collection for it. I went looking for these photos of my daughter that were taken a couple of years ago, simply because I wanted to use that super cute bike that was on the cut apart sheet. 


I decided to use the fun spotty design of the Sprinkles paper as my page background – perfect for a page documenting a birthday present! I wanted a border through, so I cut the paper to measure 11×11″, distressed the edges, then mounted it on a sheet of blue cardstock.

I then took a scrap of pale blue and white striped paper I had left-over from the ‘Life is Beautiful’ collection (now available as a digital collection HERE); tore along the edge of it and added it horizontally across my page about 2/3 of the way up to act as the anchor point for my design. Underneath the torn edge I tucked some paper lace I had punched from the pink side of the Expressive paper, which I also added along the bottom edge in the right corner.


I then created some extra paper layers where I was going to place my photos using more of the Expressive paper, as well as pieces of the Good Vibes and Little Things papers. I also added a paper doily to add some extra texture. Once all my layers were in place I added my photos on top using some scrap cardboard to pop them up from the page. I then moved onto my embellishments.


I started by adding my title alongside my photo. (This is not the order I usually work in, but I knew I needed to get the title words down in the space before I filled it up with other things.) I chose the words good vibes from the Die Cut Titles pack, and also added a small heart from the Die Cut Ephemera pack. I then used a variety of floral pieces from the ephemera pack to create two  clusters in the diagonally opposing corners of my photos. I also added a few small paper flowers I had left-over from the ‘Love Always’ collection.


Next, I worked on my journalling cluster in the bottom right corner of my page. I added a torn scrap of the Good Vibes paper, more floral ephemera pieces and paper flowers, and the sweet little bicycle that I had fussy cut from the Little Things paper. I then added my journalling, a small die cut heart, and a phrase sticker from the Accessory Sticker sheet.

I finished off my page by adding a Flair Button and another heart to the left of my photo; a couple more phrase stickers placed above my title and finally, a butterfly that I fussy cut from the Bright & Beautiful paper.

Thanks so much for stopping by so I could share this with you. I hope I have inspired you to pull out some supplies and get creative today. Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: