Wednesday 15 July 2020

Grads | Dust It Off Challenge | May Homemade Kit


Hi everyone!
Time has really been my enemy of late, so I am still catching up on sharing the layouts I created with my May homemade kit. (Yes, I know it's July, it seems I blinked and that happened?!) Anyway, onto the layout I have to share today. For this page I decided to document a sweet photo of my kids that was taken back in December 2017 at the boys' kindy graduation. (I held off scrapping this photo for so long, even though I looked at it every day as the screen saver on my phone for over 2 years.)

Here is my layout, "Grads"...
(Click on photos for a better view)


I began my layout with what can only be described as a "vintage" paper from Crate Paper. This pink wood grain was from the 'Random' collection that was released waaay back in 2011. I loved this print and I was happy to use it for my background paired with this photo.


I used a mix of scraps for the layers under my photo using some more Crate Paper, as well as papers from Heidi Swapp and My Minds Eye. I then added a paper doily from my stash and a Crate Paper printed chipboard frame before sticking my photo on top. 


I added a small feature to the top and bottom edges of my page by tearing the background paper, folding the edges back, and then tucked a scrap of another paper behind it. 


For my embellishments I used Crate Paper die cuts; Heidi Swapp printed acetate hearts; a Cocoa Vanilla Studio flair button and alphas; and Simple Stories and Webster's Pages stickers.


I am so happy I finally created a layout to showcase this photo! It was simple and came together fairly quickly, but at least it's getting some of that stash busted!

Thanks for stopping by today, I will be back again soon with another project to share. Until then, happy scrapping! X

No comments: