Monday 13 July 2020

Life is Sweet | Scrap the Girls July Challenge


Hi friends!
Today I have another design team project to share with you, this time for Scrap the Girls. This month's challenge is called "Totally Sweet" and I am sure you can see why from the inspiration image and colour palette below...


As soon as I saw this board with the image of the girl in the candy-rimmed Lennon style glasses I just knew I had the perfect photo of my girl to scrap. The shot was taken by my friend Teresa from Purely Poetic Photography and provided the perfect centrepiece for my page.

Here's my layout, "Life is Sweet"...
(Click on photos for a better view)


My layout then began with paper selection. I really wanted to capture the tones of the colour palette which included a buttery yellow, candy pink, pastel blue and a pale lime. I went on a stash-busting mission, pulling out odd sheets and scraps that I thought would work. In keeping with the playful feel of the board, I aimed to include a range of contrasting patterns as well. 


I layered the papers randomly on my cardstock background to form a cascading design from top to bottom, shuffling the patterns until I thought they looked right. I added extra interest by using a punch along one of the strips, then added some black machine stitching for contrast.


I continued my stash-busting mission when it came to embellishing the page. I used a combination of some old Cocoa Vanilla Studio stickers; some Pink Paislee foam stickers; and die cuts from The Reject Shop. 


This was a bit different to my usual style - I mean clean lines, stitching and no "Sue Mess"?! What can I say? I like to keep people on their toes! hehe

To see what the rest of them team created for this challenge, head over to the Scrap the Girls blog HERE Our sponsors this month are my dear friend Gwen from Cut to You for our Aussie players, and Tanya Leigh Designz for our international entrants. 

Thanks for stopping by today. Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: