Monday 21 June 2021

Chill Out | Cocoa Vanilla Studio

 


Hi everyone, I'm popping in today to share my latest Cocoa Vanilla Studio design team project with you. I had some cute photos of my boys swimming that I wanted to document, so couldn't help but pull out the gorgeous 'Sunkissed' collection to go with them. I decided to focus on the blues and greens from the range in keeping with the watery theme of my page.


I began my layout with a sheet of 300gsm white cardstock which I had cut down to measure 11x11". I used Distress Oxides (Salvaged Patina and Twisted Citron) to create a watercolour style background. I then added some stencilled detail over the top using a small scattered hearts stencil from Simple Stories and Faded Jeans Distress Oxide. My cardstock was then mounted onto a sheet of the Bright Side paper, which left me with the beautiful blue border I was wanting.


For the focal area of my page I used layered pieces of patterned papers which included some from the A5 Paper Stack, as well as some of the Sunny Days and Good Vibrations papers. I also added a paper doily and some frayed gauze for texture under my main photo, then cut one of the Pocket Cards in half to add some extra layering under my smaller photos.


Now it was time to add some extra fun to my page with some embellishments! There are such a great range of embellishments that come with this collection. I started with the Die Cut Ephemera pack, choosing pieces that fit with the colour scheme and theme of my page. To the left of my photos I created a cluster using two of the palm trees from the pack, which I popped up with some foam and bent the leaves up to give them some dimension. Other pieces I tucked in around my photos included a cute cloud, a pair of flips flops, a pair of sunglasses, and the beach towel that read sunshine state of mind on it.


As I often like to do, I added a couple of stickers from the Accessory Sticker sheet directly onto my main photo. The be happy tab in the top left hand corner, and the just chillin' banner along the bottom edge. I also added the phrase sticker make a splash to the right of my photos where my title was. My title was created using the gold Glitter Foam Title Stickers and I just love the bright pop of sparkle they give the page. I also used two of the little glitter hearts from the same pack to add one to each of my smaller photos.


I finished off my page by adding several stickers from the Puffy Stickers set, handwritten journalling, a stamped date, and splatters of black ink to tie it all together.

If you would like to see exactly how this page came together, you can watch my process video here:


If you have any suggestions of things you would like to see from me in my videos (such as more boy layouts, a particular collection or technique, etc) make sure you leave me a comment over on my YouTube channel (or here if you prefer) so I know what you are interested in.
Thanks so much for stopping by today. Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: