Friday 11 June 2021

Beautiful Daughter | Cocoa Vanilla Studio


 Hi everyone, popping in today to share my latest design team project with you. For this one I was tasked to create something inspired by the mood board for the current Cocoa Vanilla Studio monthly challenge, which was designed by Michelle Stokes. 

Here's a look at the board...


The first thing that inspired me from the board was definitely the colours and the combination of different shades of pink, so I decided to create a layout of my daughter and go "full pink". I had a sweet photo of her that I took in our garden last year, where she was looking very dreamy, so I printed it out in black and white to keep it neutral.

My secondary inspiration from the board was the image of the heart with all the tassels hanging from it. This immediately made me think of the Tassels and Bows pack from the 'Unforgettable' collection, and along with my dreamy looking daughter, led me to the idea to create a dreamcatcher style layout to showcase the tassels.


For my layout, I decided to start with a sheet of white wood grain patterned paper from the 'Midnight' collection. This gave me a nice, neutral background with a bit of a boho vibe. I added some colour to the top portion of my page with two different shades of pink ink using the packaging technique to achieve a soft, unstructured look. 


Over the top of the ink I added the main part of my dreamcatcher. This was created using the die cut from the Large Die Cut and Backing kit from the 'Midnight' collection. I cut off the top third of the circle, then used a piercing tool to poke holes around the edge, which I threaded with some red and pink bakers twine. 


Next, I cut some paper layers to mat my photo with. I used a hot pink paper from the 'Unforgettable' 6x8" paper stack and a pink and white striped paper from the 'Midnight' 6x8" paper pad. I also added a white paper lace doily and some frayed gauze to my stack before adding my photo on top.


With my photo in place it was time to pretty things up! I used lots of floral pieces from the 'Unforgettable' Die Cut Ephemera pack to frame around my photo. I also added some small die cut flowers around the edge of my dreamcatcher where each hole with the twine was. 


Beneath the dreamcatcher, I added three tassels from the 'Unforgettable' Tassels and Bows pack, as well as three feathers from the 'Unforgettable' Die Cut Ephemera pack. I tied each tassel with the same twine I had threaded the dreamcatcher with. I tucked each of the pieces of twine under the title and then added a bow over the top.


I then added a few extra bits and pieces to my page - a flair button, the chipboard title beautiful, and some small phrase stickers - all from the 'Midnight' collection. From the 'Unforgettable' ephemera pack, I added some hearts and arrows (both inspired by the images in the board) and three die cut butterflies (because...butterflies!)

I was really happy with how this page turned out and I think it looks super pretty. I hope I have inspired you to play along with this month's challenge too. You can find all the details and enter via the Cocoa Vanilla Studio Community group HERE.

If you would like to watch how I put this all together, you can check out my process video:


Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: