Monday 7 December 2020

Grad Dance | Kitaholic Kits December 2020


Hi everyone! In case you missed my announcement on one of my other social media channels, I am so happy to announce that I have officially joined the Kitaholic Kits team as a permanent design team member. Today I am sharing my very first layout using the new December kit and mixed media add-on kit. This month's gorgeous kit is filled with products from Crate Paper; Amy Tan; Pebbles; Simple Stories and more. (If you would like to see exactly what is in the kit, I have an unboxing video on my YouTube channel HERE)


For my first project I wanted to focus on the row of tags from the Crate Paper cut apart sheet in the kit, because - tags! I love tags, they are great for creating layers and tucking in amongst other elements. This time I really wanted the tags to be the hero of the page though, so I mixed a few different ones from the sheet, with some that I fussy cut myself and a few Kraft tags from my stash.


For my background I used a couple of Distress Oxides from my stash, as well as one of the Vicki Boutin stencils from the mixed media add-on kit. My photos were a series of pictures that I took of my hubby and daughter dancing together at her primary school graduation.


For my embellishments, I used a combination of the Pebbles die cuts from the Jen Hadfield collection 'The Avenue'; some of the wood veneer hearts; and a fussy cut floral piece from another of the Crate Paper patterned papers. 


My title was a mix of the Simple Stories foam alphas and the Rosie's Studio small puffy alphas. I finished off with some tiny splatters of navy mist, a stamped date and handwritten journalling. 

You can watch my process video for this layout, on my YouTube channel here:


I would love it if you would pop over and watch my video, and please leave me a thumbs up and subscribe to my channel if you haven't already.
Until next time, happy scrapping! X

No comments: